ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra support.
- Modernized graphical interface, advancing usability and productivity. This includes a cleaner look across all modes, improved Filmstrip in View and Develop mode, streamlined navigation in View mode for browsing speed and convenience, thumbnail display optimization for visibility, and a better way to view and assign ACDSee metadata in View and Develop mode via icons in the Status bar.
- Image thumbnails can be added to parent folder thumbnail without browsing into folder.
- Added the ability to manage orphaned database items (obsolete references to files or folders).
- Improved visibility of image thumbnails in Manage mode.
- Added Previous/Next buttons to Develop mode Filmstrip.
- Added the Rename command to the Folders pane context menu.
- Added the ability to copy files from iOS device to folder in Manage mode.
- Added ability to open the target of alias folders in ACDSee.
- Added ability to enter cropping dimensions in Develop mode.
- Added ability to exit the ACDSee Preferences menu via the ESC keyboard shortcut.
- Added Select Tagged command to the File List Select drop-down menu.
- Added ability to cancel Remove Orphans while in progress and improved progress feedback.
- Added ability to take an image in Manage mode to View mode via spacebar key.
- Added Display P3 as an output color space option.
- Added Copy, Paste commands to File List context menu.
- Added keyboard shortcut F to toggle Full Screen feature while in View mode.
- Added command View | Refresh Folders Pane to the app menu bar in Manage mode.
- Embedded Preview/RAW Decode" toggle in View mode to improvements.
- Rewrote browsing and scanning architecture to improve stability and accelerate speed.
- Improved application stability for more efficient workflow and productivity.
- Established solid architectural foundation upon which to build reliable future developments.
- Fixed an issue in which ACDSee metadata of source image was not applied to output image after file operations or encoding operations.
- Fixed an issue in which 1:1 and Fit Image buttons did not indicate which was active.
- Fixed an issue with Properties pane where the values column became inaccessible if column header separator was double clicked.
- Fixed an issue in which Smart Folder might show contents of previously-selected Smart Folder.
- Fixed an issue in which cursor did not change when hovering over left part of image in Develop mode with Light EQ active if monitor Retina or above.
- Fixed an issue in which cursor became crosshairs rather than Eye Dropper when White Balance tool active.
- Fixed an issue in which folder tree might force refresh of folders other than currently-selected folder.
- Fixed an issue in which move operations created double-entries in DB if move was cross-volume.
- Fixed an issue in which selecting a calendar year caused year to be expanded.
- Fixed an issue in which Delete Permanently command had no confirmation dialog.
- Fixed an issue in which applying same Develop settings to RAW and JPG version of same image produced significantly different output.
- Fixed an issue in which Catalog Folders ignored "Always exclude removable drives from the database" preference.
- Fixed an issue in which Shift-select did not work with ACDSee Categories, Keywords.
- Fixed an issue in which IPTC Keywords could not be appended via Properties pane with multiple files selected that had different keywords and destroyed existing keywords.
- Fixed an issue in which "_resize" appended to Batch Resize Image when removing source file.
- Fixed an issue in which dragging a calendar item into the database Quick Search bar failed.
- Fixed an issue in which cursor's thumbnail size was 2x on Retina or above when dragging thumbnails.
- Fixed an issue in which Crop tool's Constrain proportion option was not remembered.
- Fixed an issue in which Custom Sort sorting method was not remembered.
- Fixed an issue in which ACDSee metadata could not be bulk assigned via thumbnail overlay icons.
- Fixed an issue in which long double-click on a file or folder could not be used to rename.
- Fixed an issue in which Slideshow might appear on unexpected monitor (when using multiple monitors).
- Fixed an issue in which Fit Image would not function correctly with smaller resolution images.
- Fixed an issue in which Shift-select of items in File List would not work as expected.
- Fixed an issue in which output image was not selected after operations that create an output image.
- Fixed an issue in which rename on Import "Current Date" token resulted in incorrect output with default format (mm/dd/yy).
- Fixed an issue in which Reset to Defaults on image with Rotate setting, Crop setting was not reset correctly.
- Fixed an issue where when multiple images were selected in File List, clicking one did not reselect it.
- Fixed an issue in which images were lingering beyond their Image Delay setting in Slideshows without transitions.
- Fixed an issue in which reset crop option had to be clicked twice.
- Fixed an issue in which White Balance Temperature keyboard shortcut W did not work correctly.
- And other bug fixes...
- Disconnecting an iOS device while importing will crash ACDSee.
- Move to trash doesn't work on an iOS device.
- Printing rotated RAW images will ignore rotation.
- Batch Copy and Batch Move do not work for iOS devices.
- PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) not supported.
- Cannot save a Batch Preset with an export destination folder defined relative to source folder.
- Develop mode changes are not remembered when a group is deactivated.
- There is no way to see the RGB values when using the Eye Dropper to set White Balance.
- Cannot copy read-only EXIF metadata values to the clipboard.
- 'Enter' key, 'Return' key does not apply metadata in Properties pane.
- ACDSee becomes unresponsive on launch if the default start folder is an alias or symlink.
- "Remove All Items" progress dialog says "Removing Orphans" but all items are being removed from the database as expected. The wording in the progress dialog is incorrect.
For information about ACDSee Photo Studio, and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resources page online. Additional information and resources include:
- Community site, including peer-to-peer product forums.
- ACDSee Knowledge Base Articles.
- Customer Care and Technical Support.