GDPR is here. How you control your data.
ACDSee and the GDPR.
ACDSee products are GDPR-ready, so you can spend less time worrying about your data and more time focusing on your craft—photography. We’ve developed GDPR features and tools to help you quickly manage your data, identify and label data types that are actionable under a GDPR access or delete request, and execute those requests through multiple paths. Here’s more on what we’re doing toward GDPR compliance.
Data Subject: a natural identifiable person.
Personal Data: has the meaning set out in the General Data Protection Legislation, being as at the data of this policy, any data which identifies a natural person (by way of example, name, address, phone number and so on).
Who controls the Personal Data that is collected?
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation, the data controller and data processor is ACD Systems International Inc., a limited liability company registered in the Province of British Columbia, Canada (incorporation number BC0848821) with its registered office located at “129 – 1335 Bear Mountain Parkway, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, V9N 6T9 (“ACD Systems”).
If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal information or any other related data protection questions, you can contact our nominated Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that ACD Systems or its trading names and brands are subject to a change of ownership, the control and permissions that you have granted us with regard to your Personal Data will be transferred to the new owner.
How do we collect Personal Data?
- When you sign up to receive our newsletters, or to take part in our free public betas, or download a free trial of our software, or make a purchase on Our Website, or sign up to the ACDSee Forum, an account is created which may include your name, email address, IP address, and other Personal Data. Please do not share your username or account details with any third party; we will not be liable in such circumstances for any data breach or loss.
- When making a purchase, we may need to collect your shipping address. With your consent, we will also store some details related to your payment method to speed up your checkout experience in the future. You’ll be able to remove these details at any time via your account.
- We may use “image tracking” to ascertain whether you do or do not read our email communications.
- If you: (a) complete one of our enquiry forms on Our Website; (b) enter into a contract with us for our services; (c) report a problem with Our Website; or (d) otherwise correspond with us, we may collect your name, address (including e-mail address), other contact details, phone numbers, identification and bank details.
ACD Systems’ applications collect some anonymous information, for example usage data, application name and version number, language and OS version but no Personal Data. This is used to ensure correct content is shown in the welcome screen of the applications and to help notify you of product updates.
We will also collect crash report data, but only if you choose to submit it to us at the time.
Why do we process and store your Personal Data?
We will only ever collect and use your Personal Data in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. Our grounds for processing your Personal Data are as follows:
- Consent In some cases, we will process your Personal Data based on obtaining your express consent for us to do so, for example when signing up to receive our newsletter. Where this applies, we will always offer you the opportunity to withdraw your consent for this processing at any time.
- Contract It may be necessary for us to capture and store your Personal Data to fulfill our contractual obligation to you. For example, we may need to retain a copy of your email address where it forms part of the product license you purchase from us.
- Legitimate Interests Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation there is a concept of “legitimate interests” as a justification for processing your Personal Data, where we have good and fair reasons to do so in ways which do not adversely affect your interests and rights. Our legitimate interests for processing your Personal Data are:
- To enable you to access and use Our Website, to provide access to your purchases and product keys, and to provide customer support where required.
- To provide a personalised checkout experience on our store. We will use your country and geolocation data to display relevant services, and pricing in your local currency.
- To personalise our communications with you.
- To detect and prevent fraud and abuse of Our Website and store, and to help keep our services secure.
- To improve the quality of your experience on Our Website. We are always working to improve Our Website and our products and may use certain demographic information such as your account country and language preference to help us achieve this.
Where do we store Personal Data?
We store all Personal Data collected via Our Website on secure servers administered by ACD Systems.
We use Stripe to process card payments made via our store. If you choose the ‘Debit/Credit Card’ option at checkout, we will pass your order details to Stripe to enable them to complete the transaction. Stripe will store some of your details as a reference against your transaction in case we need to process a refund or provide support, and for fraud prevention purposes.
Do we share Personal Data?
We will not share your Personal Data with third parties without having obtained your consent. We will only disclose your Personal Data, without your consent or without notice, if required to do so by law or if in good faith we believe that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us.
- Protect and defend our lawful rights and property.
- Act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our customers and the public.
How can you gain access to Personal Data?
If you have an acdID account, you can access your personal data by visiting https://acdid.acdsee.com/login.
You can also request and obtain details of the Personal Data we may hold about you by emailing us at email@example.com.
When contacting us, please quote your name and email address. We would be grateful if you could also provide brief details of the information required as this will help us to accurately respond to your request.
For the protection of all our customers, we will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any Personal Data we may hold about you.
We will to respond to all such requests within 30 days.
How can you make changes to your Personal Data?
If you find that that any of the Personal Data we hold for you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request that we rectify these errors.
If you have an acdID account, you can make changes to your Personal Data by visiting https://acdid.acdsee.com/login.
You can also request we update your Personal Data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include as much detail as possible regarding the changes you wish to make, as this will help us in dealing with your request.
We will respond to all such requests within 30 days.
Your right to be forgotten
You can request that we delete your account and any Personal Data we have collected from you by emailing us at email@example.com. Please provide your name and email address to help us with your request. Please note that we may not be able to delete your data if we are obliged to retain it to fulfill a legal or statutory obligation.
Please be aware that once deleted, your account will no longer be accessible and cannot be restored so you should ensure that anything that is accessed via your account that you wish to keep is backed up before proceeding.
We will respond to all such requests within 30 days.
Do we monitor and/or record communications?
Monitoring or recording of your calls, emails, and other communications may take place and in particular for business purposes, such as for quality control and training, in order to prevent or detect crime and track the progress of your support requests.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where processing of Personal Data is based on consent, if we learn that this data belongs to someone under the age of 13, we will cease processing and will take reasonable measures to delete the applicable information from our records, unless the consent is provided by a parent or guardian.
There are number of Cookies that are stored as soon as you visit Our Website. All Cookies used by ACD Systems on Our Website are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. Some are from us and are necessary for certain functions of Our Website, and others are from third-party websites such as Facebook.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device you will be shown a cookie compliance statement, requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide you with the best possible experiences and services to you. You may wish to deny consent to the placing of the Cookies at which point we request you cease using Our Website.
You can choose to delete our, or any website’s, Cookies from your web browser at any time (for help on how to do this, go to www.aboutcookies.org). You can also set your web browser to not accept any Cookies if you wish. You will still be able to view Our Website, but some of the personalised features may not work correctly.
If you have any questions about our Privacy and Cookies Policy, please get in touch.