Canvas 14.1 and 14+GIS (Build 1618) Release Notes
Welcome to Canvas 14, the integrated application that speeds up and streamlines your technical illustration workflow.
About the Release Notes
This document contains the release notes for Canvas 14. The following sections provide late-breaking or other information not covered in the Canvas 14 documentation.
Improvements and Fixes
- Scientific features are reactivated for the regular Canvas 14.
- Create Scale Bar features is now working for the regular Canvas 14.
- When page size is out of PDF's limits, Canvas message is displayed.
- When saving a very large document as PDF, Canvas no longer crashes.
- PDF export options can be saved as default setting now.
- Text merging and positioning of texts upon import of a PDF file is improved.
- When a document is saved as PDF with Preserve Canvas editing capabilities selecting a layer(s), the original document unit is correctly preserved.
- Crash caused by importing a very large PDF file with high rendering resolution like 300 dpi is resolved.
- Chart object, MetaObject, OLE object are now correctly displayed as wireframe when wireframe view is enabled.
- Chart Type previews are correctly displayed in the pop-up dialog box on Windows XP OS.
- A Chart preset will be saved to the setting file once it is added without creating a Chart object.
- Subset # of Comparative Chart is correctly loaded from a saved Chart preset.
- When duplicating certain symbols, resulting symbols won't lose fill color.
- Default setting of registration marks set in the Configuration Center is retained correctly.
- When pasting a screen capture taken by OS to Canvas, Canvas correctly places the image without any extraneous 3 pixel lines at the left border of it.
- Aligning transformed (rotated, skewed, or flipped) texts and objects, or spirals is improved. Objects will be always aligned with Selection Rectangle check box unselected in the Align palette when an align is applied from the Properties bar.
- DXF/DWG Export is improved: solid color and hatch fill (single and double) are supported, and AutoCAD® standard lineweights are supported.AutoCAD_Standard_Lineweights.SPN is available in \Program Files (x86)\ACD Systems\Canvas 14\Extras\.
- SVG export is improved.
- Crash caused by importing a certain ShapeFile is resolved.
The following are the known issues identified for this version at the time of release.
- For DXF/DWG Export:
- Object with a hatch ink is supported. Since hatch inks in Canvas is not compatible to DXF/DWG specification, however, only the 1st hatch line and the 2nd hatch line which is perpendicular to the 1st hatch line if any, are supported.
- Hatch line weight, dash, and origin are not supported.
- All unsupported strokes such as Neon or Symbol will be converted to a solid hairline line.
- All unsupported inks will be exported as: black solid color for stroke and white solid color for fill.
- Arrows are not supported. A workaround is to convert lines with arrows to simple paths (Path | Convert To Simple Paths) before export.
- Dash is exported as individual polylines.
- Clipping mask is not supported.
- Composite object is not supported.
- Image is not supported.
- Color of solid black may be slightly off depending on a version being saved.
- When opening a DWG file exported from Canvas with AutoCAD application, a warning message will be displayed.
- When opening a DWF file, all texts will be converted to path, and some layers may be merged.
- A fill ink won't be applicable to a Symbol object whose fill ink is set to null.
- For other known issues, please refer to the previous release notes.
For information about Canvas 14 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- software updates
- supported file formats
- community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- ACDSee knowledge base