Canvas 12.0 Build 1398 Release Notes
Welcome to Canvas 12, the integrated application that speeds up and streamlines your technical illustration workflow.
About the Release Notes
This document contains the release notes for Canvas 12. The following sections provide late-breaking or other information not covered in the Canvas 12 documentation.
About Canvas 12
For information about Canvas 12 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- software updates
- supported file formats
- user guide
- community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- ACDSee knowledge base
- Application stability issues when attempting to Fill enveloped object.
- Some toolbar buttons not remaining on toolbar after restart.
- Application stability issues on start if Pen or Ink button(s) were placed in the toolbar.
- Application stability issues when drag-and-drop Ink from the Attributes palette to the Preset.
- Application stability issues on use of Texttool.
- Application stability issues when saving a file as a shp file.
- Application stability issues when printing a canvas file to Adobe Acrobat (version 9.4) generating a PDF with wrong type of font.
- Application stability issues when saving a file as an EPS.
- Application stability issues when drawing and moving some shapes.
- Application stability issues on right-click when nothing is selected and objects are involved whose object numbers have four or more digits (1000 and greater).
- To use the Smart Vector Fill tool on an Enveloped or Extruded object, the object must first be converted to paths (Path | Convert to Paths), otherwise application stability issues may occur.
- Missing dialog box to warn that a file already exists when the same Canvas Macro File is converted more than once.
The following are the known issues identified for this version at the time of release.
- Canvas no longer supports older versions (prior to CS) of Adobe Illustrator files.
- The document pages in the Page Navigator of a publication document do not reflect changes to the Master Pages until that page is clicked.
- When saving a Publication document with multiple pages as a CGM file, each page will export as an individual layer in a one page file.
- When saving a file as a PDF, the Save Layers option can be used to save only the selected layers, but this option does not work when using the Multiple Save feature to save as a PDF.
- To use the Smart Vector Fill tool on an Enveloped or Extruded object, the object must first be converted to paths (Path | Convert to Paths), otherwise application will crash.
- When working with files in the 3D View Editor, the background color cannot be set to transparent. An opaque color must be used.
- When accessing EXIF information in Canvas, the Shutter Speed Value parameter can sometimes display incorrectly.
- When exporting to a CGM format, hotspots will appear as solid blue rectangles.
- When importing geometric information via the Geometric Data I/O, all variable data (the values of the points for polygons, Beziers, etc) must be contained at the end of the line. Otherwise, the object may display incorrectly.
- The history of 3D files opened with the 3D View Tool is not saved after a Canvas session.
- If Canvas 11.2 and Canvas Print Driver are on a 64-bit OS (7, Vista, XP), the print driver should be updated by uninstalling the existing Canvas Print Driver and then installing the Print Driver included with Canvas 12.
- High-ASCII characters added to fields in the Object Properties palette can display incorrectly.