Welcome to Canvas 11, your integrated solution for the creation, enhancement, presentation and sharing of technical illustrations and graphics.
About the Release Notes
This document contains the release notes for version 11.2.1269. The following sections include late-breaking information not covered in the Canvas 11 documentation.
About Canvas 11
For information about Canvas 11 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- software updates
- system requirements
- user guide
- community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- ACDSee knowledge base
This update for Canvas 11 and Canvas 11.1 includes the following:
- Enhancements made to the Canvas Scripting engine to prevent crashes when rendering selections and accessing some Layer Names
- Compression settings can now be selected when using scripting to save CGM file formats.
- Pen width and rotated text now exports correctly to Adobe Illustrator (.ai) format.
- The Canvas Print Driver 2 is now optimized for Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
The following are the known issues identified for this version at the time of release.
- Skewed text must be converted to paths (Object>Path>Convert to Paths) before exporting to Adobe Illustrator.
- Canvas files do not preview correctly in Windows Explorer on 64-bit Operating Systems.
- When importing documents into Canvas 11 via the Print Driver 2.0, the font matching dialog will appear in order to associate and fix the font mapping on Microsoft Vista.
The following are additional notes regarding the Installation of the Canvas 11.2 update.
- The Canvas 11.2 update is distributed as a full installer. This installer will update prior versions of Canvas 11 (b.1173, b.1191) and Canvas 11.1 (b.1252) and will deliver a full version of Canvas 11.2 on new installations.
Canvas Print Driver 2.0 is a separate installer.
- Users running Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista ,and Windows XP can install the Canvas Print Driver 2 from the Help Menu (Help>Install Canvas Print Driver 2)
- Users running Windows XP who already have Canvas 11 and Canvas Print Driver do not need to install Print Driver 2
- NOTE: The only changes made to the Canvas Print Driver are Windows Vista and Windows 7 compatibility
- Users running Windows XP with Either Canvas 9 or Canvas X installed with the Print Driver will need to install Print Driver 2
- NOTE: If Canvas 11 is uninstalled, Print Driver 2 will remain and will print to the next subsequent version (Canvas X/9 respectively)
- NOTE: If Canvas 11 is uninstalled without being licensed, users are encouraged to uninstall Canvas Print Driver 2. Then a complete removal and reinstallation of the previous version is recommended.