Canvas X Scientific Imaging Edition (Windows)
Product Support and Resources
Canvas X is a completely integrated environment for illustration, page layout, imaging, presentations, and Web publishing. Canvas lets you work with vector objects, images, text, and imported graphics without having to switch to other applications.
Canvas X Scientific Imaging Edition combines all the features of the Professional Edition with a host of specialized tools that enable Scientists and Researchers in a wide range of fields to accurately measure, analyze, import and export digital image data with up to 32-bits of information per grayscale channel.
Why Upgrading Makes Perfect Sense
Upgrade to Canvas 12 for these new features:
- Seamlessly work with AutoCAD® -DXF/DWG 3D object files
- Utilize CGM4 file support including WebCGM
- Import and export an object's exact geometry with the new Geometric I/O feature, allowing for powerful integration with Microsoft® Excel® and specialized software
- Add, create and organize symbols with the new Symbol Pen. Choose from hundreds of commonly used and highly specialized technical symbols included with Canvas 12, or create your own custom symbol from any vector object
- Fill or color the intersections of multiple vector objects with new Smart Vector Fill, avoiding having to redraw these regions as standalone objects first
- Quickly and intuitively rejoin segmented objects into a singular object with the new Smart Join command
- Accurately scale simple or composite vector objects based on area or perimeter values Export to many formats at once (BMP, CGM, GIF, JPG, PCX, Adobe® PDF, PNG, TGA, and TIF)
- Access digital photo images’ EXIF metadata properties Add hyperlinks to graphics, images or text, and then export your documents to Adobe® PDF or HTML with links intact
- Easily move within multiple page documents with new Page Navigator palette
- Quickly and easily create rich data flowcharts with flexibility
- Enjoy improvements to features such as the Acre unit of measure, Area of Object displays, new Properties Bar shortcuts, and X/Y Arrows of Direction
- New import filters that allow you to import RAW files from digital cameras
- Support for drawings created in AutoCAD® 2007, Microsoft® Office 2007 and Adobe Photoshop® CS
- PNG transparency is now preserved on import
- Improved PDF export
- Improved Auto Trace filter supports tracing of black & white images along with color and grayscale images
- New options in the Align palette give you greater control over the alignment and distribution of objects
- Greater stability
- Scientific imaging features are included as part of Canvas 11
- Pentium™ processor III (or better)
- Microsoft® Windows 2000 or XP (Home or Professional editions)*
- 128 MB RAM installed (256 MB recommended)
- 100 MB free hard disk space
- 16-bit color support or better (True color recommended)
- XGA screen resolution or better (1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution recommended)
- Input Device: Mouse and keyboard. Scanner optional for importing and editing graphics
- Output Device: Host of industry standard devices supported
- Other: CD-ROM drive. DVD drive or Internet connection to access Clipart library.****
*The Canvas Electronic Manual and User's Guide (PDF) incorrectly states Microsoft ME as an acceptable operating system.
**The CD-ROM and DVD drive are necessary for the Retail version.
Stay current with the latest updates.