ACDSee Pro 7.0 Build 137 Release Notes
- Tilt-Shift (Edit Mode)
- Linear Gradient Tool (Develop & Edit modes)
- Radial Gradient Tool (Develop & Edit modes)
- Info Palette
- Reverse Geocoding
- Direct upload to Facebook
- Lens Blur (Edit mode)
- Sharpen/Blur Brush (Develop Mode)
- Nondestructive Repair Tool - Heal/Clone (Develop Mode)
- Detail Brush (Edit Mode)
- Multiple Database Support
- Secondary Monitor Support
- Copy/Paste Metadata
- Enhanced and revised user interface to allow photos to be the center of attention
- Automatic distortion correction for DNG files containing necessary correction tags (relevant to micro 4/3rds and other select mirrorless cameras).
- Automatically converts RAW and TIFF to JPG when uploading to 3rd party services (Facebook, SmugMug, Flickr, Zenfolio)
- Performance improvements made to the Repair Tool
- Added support for EXIF, IPTC, and embedded ACDSee metadata to PSD files.
- Added support for Samsung maker notes in EXIF metadata
- Name of folders can be shown when file names are hidden (Tools | Options | File List | Thumbnail Info)
- Improved media player user interface
- Ability to extract frame from video file added to media player (Windows 7 & Windows 8)
- Ability to specify order of external editors list
- Introduced OpenCL processing in the RAW processing pipeline
- Allow ability to zoom in on image in Geometry tab of Develop mode
- Can import and export metadata presets for easy sharing between different computers
- Ability to toggle state of thumbnail overlay icons with [ and ] shortcut keys
- Reintroduced the Light color scheme
- Easily search for and filter for images that have no keywords assigned
- Introduced thumbnail icon that indicates when a file has ACDSee metadata assigned which is not embedded in the image (embed-pending overlay icon).
- Added the ability to apply a sequence number to metadata of selected files or to a metadata preset.
- Introduced option to not have the 'Tagged' ACDSee Metadata value influence the embed pending flag.
- Grouped metadata related commands into a new Metadata sub menu under the Tools menu.
- Added the ability to clear the flag which indicates a file has ACDSee database information not yet embedded into a file.
- Added ability to right-click on the embed-pending overlay icon to give quick access to the Embed ACDSee Metadata and Clear Embed Pending Flag commands.
- Added the ability to copy and paste develop brush and other local non-destructive adjustments
- Added support for decoding and encoding WebP image format
- International characters would not encode correctly in IPTC metadata fields.
- Lens information would be lost when converting RAW or DNG to JPG.
- Hierarchical keywords would not flatten to list of keywords when uploading to 3rd party photo services.
Supported File Formats
- Support for some legacy file formats has been removed from the 32 bit build of ACDSee Pro 7. File format support is now equivalent between both 64 and 32 bit builds. See online documentation for more details.
- Content of iPhone and other WIA devices does not display correctly when browsed directly with ACDSee
- ACDSee does not preserve the transparency in GIF and PNG files
- ACDSee does not preserve layers when editing PSD and TIFF files
For information about ACDSee Pro 7 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Supported file formats
- Supported camera RAW formats
- Community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- ACDSee Knowledge Base