ACDSee Pro 5.2 (Build 157) Release Notes
RAW Support for Cameras
This update adds support for RAW file formats of the following cameras:
- Canon Powershot S100
- Nikon 1J1
- Nikon 1V1
- Sony Alpha NEX-7
- Panasonic DMC-GX1K
- Samsung NX200
- Ricoh GR Digital IV
View the complete list of supported RAW formats.
- EXIF Make and Camera Model fields can now be modified.
- Alternative product registration mechanism available.
- When assigning categories, the category tree no longer scrolls.
- In some cases, on Windows 7 and Vista, when a camera is connected to a computer via a USB cable, the Import tool may fail to display media files and will not copy them. In these cases we recommend copying items from these devices to your computer with Windows Explorer or import the media through a card reader.
- ACDSee may crash when viewing some high resolution .mov videos.
- Content of iPhone and other WIA devices does not display correctly when browsed directly with ACDSee.
- The Backup database name cannot be longer than 16 characters.
- ACDSee does not preserve the transparency in GIF and PNG files.
- ACDSee does not preserve layers in PSD and TIFF files.
- ACDSee does not support Joliet Unicode name extensions (applicable when burning CD/DVDs).
- ACDSee does not preserve EXIF and IPTC metadata when a PSD file is edited.
For information about ACDSee Pro 5 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- software updates
- supported file formats
- supported camera RAW formats
- community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- ACDSee knowledge base