ACDSee Pro 5.1 Release Notes
RAW Support for Cameras
This update adds support for RAW file formats of the following cameras:
- Olympus E-P3
- Olympus E-PL3
- Olympus E-PM1
- Sony Alpha NEX-C3
- Sony Alpha NEX-5N
- Sony SLT-A35
- Sony SLT-A65
- Sony SLT-A77
- Panasonic DMC-G3
- Panasonic DMC-GF3
- Panasonic DMC-FZ150
- Nikon Coolpix P7100
- Leica D-LUX5
- Pentax Q
- Ricoh GXR A 12
View the complete list of supported RAW formats.
- Added a range slider to Dodge and Burn which gives you more control over the
pixels that will be affected within the shadows or highlights. Increasing
the range broadens the affected range of tones, while decreasing the range
narrows the affected range of tones. As you adjust the range, a grayscale
preview image will show you the amount that brushing will affect the pixels
in the image, allowing you to quickly target desired pixels while avoiding
- Mouse wheel can now adjust nib width in Dodge and Burn, Repair Tool, and Drawing Tools.
- New Export dialog now accessible from Edit mode.
- Name of currently selected label set displays in the Label group header of the Organize pane.
- Option added to choose resampling method used during resize operation in Export.
- Added complete functionality to context menu of category tree in Property pane (assign, remove, cut, copy, paste, edit category, search).
- Category tree in Property pane now supports drag and drop.
- Typing a delimiter (, or ;) accepts auto-completed keyword in Property pane.
- View mode sometimes upscaled a cached image resulting in a blurry image.
- Converting color space for a 48 bit image with odd width dimension would cause crash.
- Thumbnail pop-up would not close when moving mouse pointer or scrolling with mouse wheel.
- Some DNG files developed in Pro 3 would crash when opened in Pro 5.
- White balance improvements for Nikon NRWs.
- Height of the Develop mode groups would sometimes be shown incorrectly on lower resolution monitors resulting in cutoff interface elements.
- Incorrect alpha blending would occur on some elements of the organize pane issue was more visible in Silver theme.
- Vignette and Lomo edit mode filters now more responsive to cancelling.
- When zoomed beyond ‘fit image’, spacebar panning issues occurred when working with Vignette Edit tool.
- In Edit mode's Vignette tool, the blur frame settings displayed in the preview were not reflected in the final image, and the strength was not saved as part of the Last Used preset.
- Clicking near the edit box on the slider control sometimes set the position to max in Edit mode.
- In Advanced Color, the color detected when clicking on image did not take into account white balance adjustments.
- Canon maker notes - update the tiff footer if it exists.
- Single character keys could not be typed into the map's search control if they were also in the list of configured keyboard shortcuts.
- Clicking on the auto-rotate icon on a thumbnail would set the image into edited state.
- Tinted color issues occurred when decoding sRAW images from the Canon 60D.
- In some cases, on Windows 7 and Vista, when a camera is connected to a computer via a USB cable, the Import tool may fail to display media files and will not copy them. In these cases we recommend copying items from these devices to your computer with Windows Explorer or import the media through a card reader.
- ACDSee may crash when viewing some high resolution .mov videos.
- Content of iPhone and other WIA devices does not display correctly when browsed directly with ACDSee.
- The Backup database name cannot be longer than 16 characters.
- ACDSee does not preserve the transparency in GIF and PNG files.
- ACDSee does not preserve layers in PSD and TIFF files.
- ACDSee does not support Joliet Unicode name extensions (applicable when burning CD/DVDs).
- ACDSee does not preserve EXIF and IPTC metadata when a PSD file is edited.
For information about ACDSee Pro 5 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- software updates
- supported file formats
- supported camera RAW formats
- community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- ACDSee knowledge base