ACDSee Pro 5.0 (Build 110) Release Notes
- Dodge and Burn tool.
- Color Labels.
- New Export for convenient one-step method for generating multiple output files from a single source image.
- Drawing Tools (Pencil, Rectangle, Ellipse, Line, Arrow, Polygon, Curve).
- Split Toning.
- Smart Sharpening with the edge-detection mask slider.
- Lomo, Orton, and Collage special effects.
- Remove Metadata feature for direct removal of metadata without converting file format or re-encoding image data.
- Relocated Edit to a top level application mode for quick access to pixel level editing tools.
- Added support for new EXIF 2.3 metadata fields.
- New thumbnail overlay icons for fast rating, tagging, and labeling of files.
- Property pane now available in Develop and Edit mode.
- Advancements to the undo buffer in Edit mode for improved experience with large resolution images.
- Repair tool defaults to ‘Last Used’ preset allowing for continued cloning on multiple images in a row without needing to constantly change the radio button.
- File modified time is now updated when embedding ACDSee metadata.
- Option to turn on or off the Tag/Rate/Label control at top of property pane.
- Import dialog option to import files into separate folders based on file’s date.
- Performance improvements for instant category assignment on larger databases.
- Category tab added to the property pane for easy setting of categories in all modes.
- Hovering over image now displays pixel RGB values in the status bar of Develop and Edit mode.
- One-click toggles between 100% and default zoom in View mode.
- Option to display the check boxes for categories, and radio buttons for ratings in the Organize pane.
- Ability to set customized default settings for RAW conversion (General, Advanced Color, Tone Curves, Noise Reduction).
- Option to accelerate panning speed for easier panning of high resolution images.
- Spacebar failed to switch to panning tool when zoomed in on image when using Selections tool.
- QuickView window changed position when not maximized and taskbar was positioned at top or left of the desktop.
- Defects in repair tool, including quality issues when drawing outside the image and releasing the mouse button.
- Mouse wheel not scrolling through Edit mode filters when the scroll bar was available.
- Unable to set temperature/tint to 4990/0 for a RAW file in Develop mode.
- Tagged overlay failed to function for selected image if Organize or Folder pane had focus.
- Change Binding button incorrectly disabled for network folders in Database Maintenance.
- Quick viewing of embedded JPG in RAW files stopped working in View mode when emailing a RAW image in ACDSee.
- Properties Pane showing pixels per inch when the resolution units specified in metadata as pixels per centimeters.
- ACDSee Metadata in header and footer did not update in full screen View Mode.
- In some cases, ACDSee would crash when encountering images with dates before 1970.
- RAW Support for Cameras
RAW Support for Cameras
ACD is committed to releasing regular free updates to support RAW files from new camera models as they become available. View the complete list of supported RAW formats.
- In some cases, on Windows 7 and Vista, when a camera is connected to a computer via a USB cable, the Import tool may fail to display media files and will not copy them. In these cases we recommend copying items from these devices to your computer with Windows Explorer or import the media through a card reader.
- ACDSee may crash when viewing some high resolution .mov videos.
- Content of iPhone and other WIA devices does not display correctly when browsed directly with ACDSee.
- The Backup database name cannot be longer than 16 characters.
- ACDSee does not preserve the transparency in GIF and PNG files.
- ACDSee does not preserve layers in PSD and TIFF files.
- ACDSee does not support Joliet Unicode name extensions (applicable when burning CD/DVDs).
- ACDSee does not preserve EXIF and IPTC metadata when a PSD file is edited.
For information about ACDSee Pro 4 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- software updates
- supported file formats
- supported camera RAW formats
- community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- ACDSee knowledge base