ACDSee Pro 4.0 Build 198 Release Notes
- Map view and Geotagging support.
- New RAW Processing Engine provides improved Color, Contrast, and Exposure.
- Now edit IPTC metadata for multiple images at once in the New Metadata panel.
- Create multiple, customized Metadata views specific to your workflow.
- IPTC Core 1.1 Support with 13 new fields including Creator Contact info.
- Workflow Improvements in Process Mode (Save a Copy, Save As, Delete).
- Powerful, new Processing Tools: Lens Vignette Correction, Chromatic Aberration and Defringe Correction.
- Archive any image file type on ACDSeeOnline.com including supported RAW formats, Metadata, and non-destructive processing parameters.
- Upload your local files conveniently by setting selected folders to Sync to Web.
- Email ACDSeeOnline.com albums, post albums on Facebook, and Tweet links to your albums right from Manage mode.
- ProPhoto RGB processing offers improved color management by maintaining full gamut of colors captured in RAW files.
- Choose your Output Color Space for RAW files in Develop mode.
- Histogram in Develop mode aids selection of best Output Color Space to avoid clipping colors.
- Color Management enabled by default.
- Improved metadata synchronization between EXIF, IPTC-IIM, and XMP.
- Set shortcut Ctrl+M to selected preset to quickly populate Metadata panel.
- ACDSee Metadata section added to new Metadata panel, eliminating the need for Database tab.
- Emulation of Pro 3 pipeline for RAW images developed in Pro 3 or earlier versions.
- Properties pane shortcuts: Ctrl-K puts focus into more commonly used IPTC-Keywords field and Alt-K puts focus into ACDSee-Keyword field.
- Option to sharpen subsampled images in Viewer to compensate for loss of sharpness when viewing images at less than 100%.
- Ability to remove geographic coordinates from files using the Remove from Map command.
- Printing capability in Quick View.
- Groups in Organize Pane collapse when clicked anywhere on the headers, not just the text.
- Process mode accessible from Quick View.
- Quick View handles RAW files and previews of developed RAW files.
- Updated media player colors to fit color scheme.
- ACDSee Pro 4’s built in Slideshow is color managed.
- RAW files shot with camera set to Adobe RGB have embedded preview correctly color managed (Nikon, Canon and Pentax only).
- In Process mode, use the hand tool to pan over a zoomed-in image while another tool is selected by pressing the spacebar.
- Content of IPTC Location fields are included in Quick Search.
- Small amount of sharpening is applied by default to all RAW files.
- Additional vibrance and contrast is no longer applied in default RAW conversion even if in-camera settings are set to do so. This ensures consistent view of the RAW file compared to other RAW converters.
- Performance improvements in many areas, including RAW processing, develop mode, resizing, sharpening, and creative effects.
- Crop dimension and resolution controls added to Geometry tab in Develop.
- External editors accessible from Manage and View mode.
- External Editors can individually be placed on toolbar and custom shortcut keys applied.
- Improved upload/download transfer speed with ACDSee Online
- Now inserting “Copy” following the name of copied images instead of using “Copy of” prefix.
- Added option to not constrain proportions by default in Develop Crop tool.
- Erratic mouse movement when Snap to Grid is enabled in the operating system mouse settings dialog.
- Quality issue with the Soft Light blend mode in Edit.
- Color management settings ignored in the Print dialog’s Layout templates.
- Batch Edit not displaying images as color managed.
- Advance Color Brightness edits not toggling on/off when using Vibrance in Develop.
- Options| Reset to Defaults not resetting the Date option to correct default.
- Batch Convert File Format and Batch Edit embedding the ICC Profile selected as Output Color Space for Developed RAW files.
- Metadata issues with time zones and daylight savings time.
- Image quality issue when taking RAW image with Lighting applied into Edit mode.
- Multi-selection of files (SHIFT+Click) in filmstrip in Develop.
- Using the CTRL key with Magic Wand tool to subtract from selection.
- Crash related to Asus Webstorage found on some Asus netbooks.
- Auto-resuming pausing transfers to ACDSee Online after PC Sleep/Hibernation.
RAW Support for Cameras
ACD is committed to releasing regular free updates to support RAW files from new camera models as they become available. View the complete list of supported RAW formats.
- In some cases, on Windows 7 and Vista, when a camera is connected to a computer via a USB cable, the Import tool may fail to display media files and will not copy them. In these cases we recommend copying items from these devices to your computer with Windows Explorer or import the media through a card reader.
- ACDSee may crash when viewing some high resolution .mov videos.
- Content of iPhone and other WIA devices does not display correctly when browsed directly with ACDSee.
- The Backup database name cannot be longer than 16 characters
- ACDSee does not preserve the transparency in GIF and PNG files.
- ACDSee does not preserve layers in PSD and TIFF files.
- ACDSee does not support Joliet Unicode name extensions (applicable when burning CD/DVDs).
- ACDSee does not preserve EXIF and IPTC metadata when a PSD file is edited.
For information about ACDSee Pro 4 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- software updates
- supported file formats
- supported camera RAW formats
- community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- ACDSee knowledge base