ACDSee Pro 3.0 Build 387 Release Notes
Welcome to ACDSee™ Pro Photo Manager 3, the photography software with the flexibility to adapt to the way you work, helping you optimize every aspect of your workflow.
About the Release Notes
This document contains the release notes for ACDSee Pro 3 build 387. The following sections include late-breaking information not covered in the ACDSee Pro 3 documentation.
The following are the known issues identified for this version at the time of release.
- In Windows 7, a shortcut to an individual library item cannot be deleted once it has been added to the Favorites pane.
- Edition N of Windows Vista and Windows 7 (available primarily in Europe) does not bundle Windows Media Player. Without it ACDSee cannot display the list of available disc burners in the Create CD or DVD burn basket. Installing Windows Media Player resolves this issue.
- Opening more than one window in Process mode may cause performance issues.
- After cropping a large resolution image, the status bar in Manage mode may not update to reflect the new dimensions.
- The Rebuild Thumbnails and Metadata operation does not always work for Processed images in an archive (i.e. .zip).
- Images with a transparent background will lose transparency when saved in ACDSee.
- On a 64-bit Windows XP, the mouse wheel scrolls up only.
- The Backup database name cannot be longer than 16 characters.
- After using the Restore to Original command, the Embed Database Information command may not work unless a change to the database information is made.
- For encodable file formats such as JPG, the Restore to Original command will restore any developed or edited file with the original file.
- The ‘Retrieve From Files’ button in the Batch Adjust Timestamp tool will generate an error if the first file in the list has a date earlier than 1970/01/01.
- After executing the “Save as” command and returning to Manage mode, the original version of the image becomes selected by default.
- In some case ACDSee may not correctly account for daylight savings time offsets which may result in the dates being displayed off by one hour.
- ACDSee may crash when viewing some high resolution .mov videos.
- You cannot enter Process mode with Read-only images.
- Images saved with 32 Bits/Channel in Adobe Photoshop are not recognized.
- Layered PSD and TIFF files will have their layers merged (flattened) when saved in ACDSee.
- Unicode names will be incorrect when database is converted from Photo Disc.
- The Embed Database Information command will ignore the read-only flag of a file and embed database information.
- A developed RAW image copied from View mode and pasted into Manage Mode results in a JPG file rather than a new version of the developed RAW file.
- Panasonic Maker Notes are not accessible in ACDSee.
- If you edit categories in the Organize Pane assigned to already embedded files you cannot be re-embed these updated files without restarting ACDSee.
- Content of iPhone and other WIA devices does not display correctly when browsed directly with ACDSee.
- A developed JPG rotated in Quick View does not display rotated in Develop mode.
- EXIF and IPTC data is lost when performing batch operations on PSD files.
- Maker Notes for some cameras are lost when converting RAW images to JPG or TIFF format.
- A crash occurs after pasting files with long file names (180 characters or more).
- Device Detector may crash when a Nokia mobile phone is connected to the computer over Bluetooth.
- Running the Catalog Wizard through several thousand images may cause Pro 3 to crash.
- Pro 3 will always browse to the Developed folder if you try to Copy/Paste a developed RAW image in View mode.
- In some instances, RAW images stored in a Private Folder may not display correctly in View Mode when the RAW display option is set to Quality.
- Developed RAW images will not appear developed when placed in a Private Folder. Restoring the image from the Private Folder using the ‘Restore from Private Folder’ command will restore the develop settings.
- Adding media file to a Private folder may cause ACDSee to crash.
- Within a Private folder, all developed RAWs and JPGs will have an individual Originals folder.
- ACDSee Pro 3 fails to display the image state overlay icons (both D and E) if the image was added to the Private folder.
- PDFs will be uploaded as JPGs if you have GhostScript 8.53 installed on your machine.
- Gamma correction preferences are not transferred over into Online mode.
- The bar with Progress Indicator and Transfer Manager link may disappear after minimizing the local computer pane and changing the window size.
- Selective Browsing is not supported in Online mode.
For information about ACDSee Pro 3 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- software updates
- supported file formats
- supported camera RAW formats
- user guide
- community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- ACDSee knowledge base