ACDSee Photo Editor 6 Release Notes
- ACDSee Photo Editor 6 now supports Windows 8.
- Includes 4 new artistic filters: Collage, Granite, Lomo, and Orton effects.
- Includes 2 new lighting adjustment filters: Advanced and Basic Lighting.
- Includes new Advanced Color filter.
- RAW files of over 170 DSL camera models are newly supported for import.
- New RAW extensions are added for newly supported DSL camera models: Leica (*.RWL), Nikon (*.NRW), Panasonic (*.RW2), Samsung (*.SRW).
Enhancements and Fixes
- Oil Paint filter can be applied to 16-bit/channel images.
- Trim function can be applied to 16-bit/channel images.
- Redrawing of grids and guides on 64-bit OS is improved.
- Refreshing images upon zoom in and out is improved.
- Overall memory handling is improved.
- Brush list for Paint tools scrolls correctly on 64-bit OS.
- An object pasted to a new document is correctly displayed on the document.
- To set associations of file formats like JPG, PNG, or TIFF with ACDSee Photo Editor, use the Windows feature by selecting Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations.
- To open RAW TIFF files correctly, select an appropriate TIFF file format from the File Formats drop-down menu in the Open dialog box.
- When a cropping area is rotated, a background color will not be applied. The created background is always transparent in this case.
- When applying an Adjustment effect to an object that contains Dynamic Adjustments, ACDSee Photo Editor shows the original image as Before. Thus, the combined effect of the Dynamic Adjustments that have been already applied to the selected image and the Adjustment effect being applied, are not seen until you exit the editing window.
- ACDSee Photo Editor only opens a preview thumbnail embedded in an EPS file as an image. Thus, EPS files with no preview or vector objects in an EPS file are not supported.
- Unicode characters are not supported, with the exception of the Text tools.
For information about ACDSee Photo Editor 6 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- software updates
- supported file formats
- supported camera RAW formats
- community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- ACDSee knowledge base