ACDSee 14 Build 110 Release Notes
- New Map View and Geotagging Support.
- New Metadata panel allows for custom metadata views.
- IPTC Core 1.1 Support with 13 new fields including Creator contact information.
- Color Labels.
- Drawing Tools.
- Lomo, Orton, and Collage special effects.
- Archive any image file type on ACDSeeOnline.com including supported RAW formats.
- Upload your local files conveniently by setting selected folders to Sync to Web.
- Email ACDSee Online albums, post albums on Facebook, and Tweet links to your albums right from Manage Mode.
- Improved metadata synchronization between EXIF, IPTC, and XMP.
- Performance Improvements for setting metadata into JPG, TIFF, and DNG files.
- ACDSee Metadata added to new Metadata panel, eliminating the need for Database tab in Property Pane.
- Added support for new EXIF 2.3 metadata fields.
- Property pane shortcuts: Ctrl-K puts focus into more commonly used IPTC-Keywords field and Alt-K puts focus into ACDSee-Keyword field.
- Option to sharpen subsampled images in Viewer to compensate for loss of sharpness when viewing images at less than 100%.
- Ability to remove geographic coordinates from files using the Remove from Map command.
- Access to ACDSee's Print dialog through QuickView.
- Groups in Organize Pane collapse when clicked anywhere on the headers, not just the text.
- Updated media player colors to fit selected color scheme.
- In Edit mode filters requiring a cursor tool, press the spacebar to pan on the image when zoomed in.
- Content of IPTC Location fields are included in Quick Search.
- Performance improvements in various image processing features such as resizing, sharpening, and creative effects.
- External editors accessible from Manage and View mode toolbars.
- External editors can be placed on toolbars and custom shortcut keys assigned.
- Improved upload/download transfer speed with ACDSee Online.
- Now inserting 'Copy' following the name of copied images instead of using 'Copy of' prefix.
- When renaming a file, the file's extension is not selected to allow for quick renaming.
- The Save As dialog now remembers the last used format when the source image is a RAW file.
- The ESC key is set as a keyboard shortcut for the Cancel button in Edit.
- Update the EXIF date/time digitized and EXIF date/time in Batch Adjust Timestamp.
- Ratings embedded by ACDSee (using Embed ACDSee Metadata feature) can now be seen in other applications supporting xmp:rating and vice versa.
- Direct access to Edit mode from QuickView.
- Performance improvements for instant category assignment on larger databases.
- Import dialog option to import files into separate folders based on file’s date.
- File modified time is now updated when embedding ACDSee metadata
- Repair tool defaults to ‘Last Used’ preset allowing for continued cloning on multiple images in a row without needing to constantly change the radio button.
- Improvements to the undo buffer in Edit mode allow for improved experience with large resolution images.
- Property Pane now available in Edit mode.
- Hovering over image now displays pixel RGB values in the status bar of Edit mode.
- One-click toggles between 100% and default zoom in View mode.
- Option to display the check boxes for categories, and radio buttons for ratings in the Organize pane.
- Erratic mouse movement when Snap to Grid was enabled in the operating system mouse settings dialog.
- Quality issue with Soft Light blend mode in Edit.
- Options | Reset to Defaults not resetting the Date option to correct default.
- Metadata issues with time zones and daylight savings time.
- Crash related to Asus Webstorage found on some Asus netbooks.
- Using the CTRL key with magic wand tool to subtract from selection.
- Auto-resuming pausing transfers to ACDSee Online after PC Sleep/Hibernation.
- Arrow keys not selecting an item when there only one item in the File list.
- File not appearing selected when opening context menu with CTRL+Right+click.
- Resize dialog in Edit sometimes causing application to crash.
- The header or footer in View mode not updating text for the Tag field when in full screen.
- The Levels tool Tolerance Setting dialog in Edit sometimes disappears behind main application window.
- Save As button for videos malfunctioning on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Lockup on startup when file list is filtering by Tagged and startup location is set to 'remember from previous sesson.'
- Layers in TIFF files not preserved when modifying or embedding metadata.
- QuickView window changed position when not maximized and taskbar was positioned at top or left of the desktop.
- Multiple fixes to defects in repair tool, including quality issues when drawing outside the image and releasing the mouse button.
- Mousewheel not scrolling through Edit mode filters when the scroll bar was available.
- Tagged overlay failed to function for selected image if Organize or Folder pane had focus.
- Change Binding button incorrectly disabled for network folders in Database Maintenance.
- Quick viewing of embedded JPG in RAW files stopped working in View mode when emailing a RAW image in ACDSee.
- Properties Pane showing pixels per inch when the resolution units specified in metadata as pixels per centimeters.
- ACDSee Metadata in header and footer did not update in fullscreen View Mode.
RAW Support for Cameras
ACD Systems is committed to releasing regular free updates to support RAW files from new camera models as they become available. View the complete list of supported RAW formats.
- In some cases, on Windows 7 and Vista, when a camera is connected to a computer via a USB cable, the Import tool may fail to display media files and will not copy them. In these cases we recommend copying items from these devices to your computer with Windows Explorer or import the media through a card reader.
- ACDSee may crash when viewing some high resolution .mov videos.
- Content of iPhone and other WIA devices does not display correctly when browsed directly with ACDSee.
- The Backup database name cannot be longer than 16 characters.
- ACDSee does not preserve the transparency in GIF and PNG files.
- ACDSee does not preserve layers in PSD and TIFF files.
- ACDSee does not support Joliet Unicode name extensions (applicable when burning CD/DVDs).
- ACDSee does not preserve EXIF and IPTC metadata when a PSD file is edited.
For information about ACDSee 14 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- software updates
- supported file formats
- supported camera RAW formats
- community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- ACDSee knowledge base