ACDSee 12 Build 342/344 Release Notes
Welcome to ACDSee™ 12, the photography software with the flexibility to adapt to the way you work, helping you optimize every aspect of your workflow.
About the Release Notes
This document contains the release notes for ACDSee 12. The following sections include late-breaking information not covered in the ACDSee 12 documentation.
The following are the known issues identified for this version at the time of release.
- In Windows 7, a shortcut to an individual library item cannot be deleted once it has been added to the Favorites pane.
- Images with a transparent background will lose transparency when saved in ACDSee.
- The Backup database name cannot be longer than 16 characters.
- After using the Restore to Original command, the Embed Database Information command may not work unless a change to the database information is made.
- For encodable file formats such as JPG, the Restore to Original command will restore any edited file with the original file.
- In some case ACDSee may not correctly account for daylight savings time offsets which may result in the dates being displayed off by one hour.
- ACDSee may crash when viewing some high resolution .mov videos.
- ACDSee may become unstable when images are rotated. This error can also occur when importing images if the default auto-rotate option is on. The affected images seem to be JPEGs from some Canon cameras with video capability. This issue is now fixed in build 344.
- Images saved with 32 Bits/Channel in Adobe Photoshop are not recognized.
- Layered PSD and TIFF files will have their layers merged (flattened) when saved in ACDSee.
- Unicode names will be incorrect when database is converted from Photo Disc.
- The Embed Database Information command will ignore the read-only flag of a file and embed database information.
- Panasonic Maker Notes are not accessible in ACDSee.
- If you edit categories in the Organize Pane assigned to already embedded files you cannot be re-embed these updated files without restarting ACDSee.
- Content of iPhone and other WIA devices does not display correctly when browsed directly with ACDSee.
- EXIF and IPTC data is lost when performing batch operations on PSD files.
- Maker Notes for some cameras are lost when converting RAW images to JPG or TIFF format.
- A crash occurs after pasting files with long file names (180 characters or more).
- Device Detector may crash when a Nokia mobile phone is connected to the computer over Bluetooth.
- Running the Catalog Wizard through several thousand images may cause 12 to crash.
- In some instances, RAW images stored in a Private Folder may not display correctly in View Mode when the RAW display option is set to Quality.
For information about ACDSee 12 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- software updates
- supported file formats
- supported camera RAW formats
- user guide
- community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- ACDSee knowledge base