2013-05-30 16:14:00 GMT
ACD Systems International Inc. today announced ACDSee 16 photo management and editing software for photography enthusiasts to stay organized, perfect and share images, and save time when handling their growing photo collection.
“ACDSee 16 makes it easier than ever for photographers to manage, edit, share and achieve stunning results with their photos,” said Doug Vanderkerkhove, Founder and CEO of ACD Systems. “With seamless uploading to Facebook, reverse geocoding and creative editing tools, ACDSee 16 adds incredible value to an already rich feature set that’s not available in similarly priced software.”
New features in ACDSee 16 include:
- Facebook uploader - Upload photos directly from ACDSee to Facebook, fast. Create a new album or select an existing one, add location and description details, and specify the privacy level.
- Reverse geocoding - Select a pin on the map, choose “Reverse Geocode” and ACDSee will write the matching location details into the appropriate IPTC fields, using the embedded latitude and longitude information to lookup the nearest readable address or place name.
- Info palette - Access key shooting information while managing, viewing, and editing photos. The Info Palette conveniently displays technical data alongside any photo, including white balance, metering mode, exposure program, and whether the flash fired. Plus see the ISO, f-stop, shutter speed, exposure compensation, focal length, and more, all in one spot.
- Gradient tool - Apply a gradient to any editing effect to subtly progress across a photo. It’s especially useful for images that aren’t evenly exposed, or that need fine tuning in select areas.
- Lens blur filter - Attain a realistic bokeh effect with the Lens Blur filter. Choose the shape and adjust the bokeh frequency and brightness to emulate the pleasing visual artifacts that naturally appear around bright, out-of-focus areas of a photo.
- Tilt-shift effect - Simulate the popular Tilt-Shift effect to transform a photo into a miniature-scale model. Rotate the lens plane, adjust the bokeh frequency, brightness, and sides, and increase saturation to get the perfect scene.
ACDSee 16 also offers these key features to help photographers organize, perfect and share their images:
- Organize with ease - Create categories, add hierarchical keywords and phrases, and rate photos. Tag images and assign color labels, and bring them all together for further editing or sharing. Save time by organizing photos as they’re imported from a camera or storage device.
- Find any photo - Find any photo fast. Enter keywords, search only specific folders, narrow it down by metadata, or find that one special image with the Quick Search bar. Build and save detailed searches for ongoing use.
- View images fast - Zoom through the latest shots, examine details, and enjoy full-size views without waiting, thanks to ACDSee’s renowned speed.
- Brush on edits - Experiment with intuitive editing tools and creative filters that deliver professional results. Use the Edit Brush to quickly apply any editing effect to a specific part of a photo. Correct exposure, enhance color, adjust details, or add a special effect.
- Get the best light and color - Rescue photos that are too light or too dark with the Lighting tool, powered by ACDSee’s patented LCE (Lighting and Contrast Enhancement) technology. Instantly lighten shadows and reduce highlights in one click, or adjust individual sliders to fine-tune every aspect. Change the tonal range, white balance, and color balance of photos with easy-to-use adjustment tools.
- Photo sharing and backup - Drop images straight from ACDSee 16 to the ACDSee Online cloud for safe backup, storage, and sharing via email, Facebook, and Twitter. Each ACDSee Online account includes 10 GB of storage space with the option to upgrade to unlimited storage for only $39.99/year (US).
Pricing & Availability
ACDSee 16 (MSRP $69.99 US) is available online for a limited time special introductory offer of $49.99 (US). Existing ACDSee users can upgrade from $29.99 (US). A free 15-day trial, full system requirements, and more information about ACDsee 16 can be found at acdsee.com.
About ACD Systems
Founded in Texas in 1993 by imaging visionary Doug Vanderkerkhove, ACD Systems is one of the largest and most respected independent digital editing and management companies in the world. Doug foresaw the importance of the convergence of analog and digital (print, photos, scans, video and metadata).
The company’s products include ACDSee Pro 6, ACDSee 16, Canvas 14 and Canvas 14 +GIS, which helps Fortune 500 companies enhance, manage and disseminate their valuable digital assets. Customers include General Motors, Caterpillar, Boeing, The New York City Fire Department, NASA, CNN and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Today ACD holds six patents and millions of ACDSee products are in use throughout the world. In fact, ACDSee products are so popular in Asia that they are second only to Louis Vuitton in product piracy.