2013-05-13 23:15:16 GMT
ACD Systems International Inc. announced ACDSee Pro 3 photo editing and management software for professional photographers and advanced amateurs to create exceptional photography and manage their image libraries the fastest way possible on their Mac computers.
ACDSee Pro 3 was designed to reduce the time, cost and complexity of the post-production workflow, with real-time operation, customizable batch presets, blazing fast browsing, and a powerful RAW processing engine, complete in one feature-rich solution. Patented LCE technology and a full toolkit of non-destructive editing features, along with cloud storage and social media integration, enable photographers to maximize their creativity and share those results with friends, family, clients and the world.
“With ACDSee Pro 3, pro shooters with Macs can make the most of their time and their photos,” said Doug Vanderkerkhove, Founder and CEO of ACD Systems. “We’ve packed an incredible combination of features unavailable through any other Mac photography software product, at a surprisingly low price point. I firmly believe that ACDSee Pro 3 offers photographers the best mix of features and savings available today.”
New features in ACDSee Pro 3 include:
- Optimized for Retina display - Everything now looks sharper, from icons to text, when working on a MacBook Pro with Retina display. The increased pixel density means high-resolution images will look incredibly vibrant, and the increased level of detail means editing will be that much more precise.
- Find photos faster - Scan through a photo library as quickly as images are taken, and fast track to the contents of folders without having to open them.
- Hierarchical keywords - Create keyword hierarchies that span from the general to the very specific. Assign a keyword with the check of a box and the image automatically gets added to the higher keyword levels. Keywords stay embedded when files are exported.
- Black and white mode - Take monochrome images to a whole new level with the dedicated black and white mode. Make high-quality non-destructive hue-based brightness adjustments and experiment with saturation-based tinting that allows the addition of a specific hue back into a black and white image.
- Advanced color control - Adjust individual or overall color in images with improved Advanced Color tools, built on a higher quality algorithm that uses modern color models for more perceptual color adjustments. Click and drag on any image to subtly fine-tune or dramatically change the hue, saturation, and lightness for remarkably better results.
- Instant pro results - Easily experiment with different looks, from gothic to dreamy, using ready-to-apply Develop presets. Users can also save specific processing steps as a preset to apply to future images.
- Improved noise reduction - Rescue high ISO images with ACDSee’s significantly improved noise reduction technology to get smoother and more natural results, while retaining as much edge detail as possible.
- Straightening tool - Straighten images, super fast, by simply drawing a line across an image.
- New metadata engine - Save time managing metadata. Complete EXIF, IPTC and custom information for groups of photos at once, and create presets for ongoing use.
- Golden ratio crop - Overlay the Golden Ratio proportion over an image to quickly crop it into an aesthetically pleasing and balanced composition.
ACDSee Pro 3 also offers these features to meet the needs of professional photographers:
- Save, back-up, rename, resize, set metadata information and apply edits across any number of photos, all at once, from import to publication, with customizable batch presets.
- Make great shots better, faster, with non-destructive RAW editing tools and filters in real time – no waiting to see changes. Preview results in full screen or restore the originals at any time.
- LCE (Lighting & Contrast Enhancement) lets users experience the full power of ACDSee’s patented LCE technology. Use this lighting tool to gain complete control over shadows, mid-tones and highlights to create natural HDR-like results.
- Store, share and manage images safely in the cloud with a free 10GB ACDSee Online account. Easily share photos through Facebook, Twitter and email, or invite anyone to view photos and albums, with the option to download files at full-size.
- Powerful file management capabilities help keep digital assets organized. Rate photos, tag shots, add customizable color labels, set categories and keywords, and sort by date. Plus users can easily delete duplicate files to free up space and improve performance.
- Best-in-class support for metadata makes short work of any search. View complete EXIF information captured from cameras, add and edit IPTC fields, and embed custom metadata.
Pricing & Availability ACDSee Pro 3 for Mac is available online at a suggested retail price of $99.99 (US). Existing ACDSee Pro 2 (Mac) users can upgrade for $19.99 (US). A free 30-day trial is available online at acdsee.com. ACDSee Pro 3 runs as a 64-bit application on Mac OS®, Lion and Mountain Lion (10.7 and 10.8). Full system requirements can be found at acdsee.com.
About ACD Systems Founded in Texas in 1993 by imaging visionary Doug Vanderkerkhove, ACD Systems is one of the largest and most respected independent digital editing and management companies in the world. Doug foresaw the importance of the convergence of analog and digital (print, photos, scans, video and metadata).
The company’s products include ACDSee Pro 6, ACDSee 15, Canvas 14 and Canvas 14 +GIS, which helps Fortune 500 companies enhance, manage and disseminate their valuable digital assets. Customers include General Motors, Caterpillar, Boeing, The New York City Fire Department, NASA, CNN and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Today ACD holds six patents and millions of ACDSee products are in use throughout the world. In fact, ACDSee products are so popular in Asia that they are second only to Louis Vuitton in product piracy.
ACD Systems can be found online at www.acdsee.com, on Twitter at @acdsee and on Facebook.