2013-11-20 00:51:45 GMT
Deneba Software (an ACD America company) announced today the availability of the newest version of Canvas. Canvas 15 allows engineers and technical graphics professionals to illustrate and communicate with confidence, utilizing a limitless combination of documents, images, and data, and improves productivity, and technical illustration workflow. Canvas is the preferred solution in precision industries, such as aerospace and automotive, biotechnology and healthcare, education, government, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy, and technology.
“For 20 years, Canvas has been removing workflow obstacles, providing smooth transition between existing workflows. What used to take a day, now takes an hour with Canvas,” said Dallas Vandekerkhove, General Manager of Deneba Software. “It has a unique feature set combining raster and vector functions in a single editing and publishing environment. Nothing is too small or too large for Canvas.”
New features in Canvas 15 include:
- Effortless Precision. Use the Smart Mouse and Guides to precisely snap lines to objects and manage complex angles and distances. Take the guesswork out of centering, dividing, and snapping to corners of geometric shapes and aligning lines at sensitive angles with these sophisticated guidance tools.
- Carefree Copying. Quickly unify the elements of your project by using the Attribute Dropper tool to copy the attributes of one vector object to another. This feature makes it easy to maintain the consistency of aspects like stroke, pen, fill ink, text style, transform, dimensions, transparency, and more.
- Tightened Text Workflow. Diversify your projects with quick, hassle-free access to special characters. Speed up your editing process with the ability to merge multiple text boxes, including merging all the boxes on the page, or simply a selection.
- An Expanded Library. Canvas 15 comes packed with additional symbol and clip art libraries perfect for a diverse range of tasks, from crime scene labeling and furniture layout, to circuit board design and energy exploration.
- Enhanced Work Environment. Side-by-side important documents, work with multiple instances of Canvas at once. Modify, save, and load toolbox and window layouts for specific users and tasks to streamline workflow.
Pricing and Availability
Canvas 15 will be available online for $599.00 (msrp) and Canvas +GIS for $799.00 (msrp). Canvas 14 or earlier users can upgrade starting at $299. A free 15-day trial, full system requirements, and more information about Canvas 15 can be found at acdsee.com/Canvas-15.
Since Deneba’s first release of Canvas in 1991, there has been just one focus: to work with companies like yours to build a top-tier technical illustration, presentation, and publishing tool for scientists, engineers, and manufacturing teams. To this end, we joined forces with ACD Systems in 2004 — one of the largest and most respected independent digital image editing and management companies in the world. Together, we are proud to continue our 24 year-long commitment to bringing powerful and relevant technical illustration publishing solutions to important aerospace, heavy manufacturing, research, and energy development organizations.
The company’s products include Canvas 15 and Canvas 15 +GIS, which helps Fortune 500 companies enhance, manage, and disseminate their valuable digital assets. Customers include General Motors, Caterpillar, Boeing, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, British Petroleum, Exxon Mobil, The New York City Fire Department, NASA, CNN, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.