Flagship photography program from ACD Systems gives PC-based shooters reason to leave Adobe behind
ACDSee Ultimate 10 combines RAW and layered photo editing with powerful digital asset management in a single piece of software
VICTORIA, BC (September 15, 2016) – Photographers the world over no longer need to purchase and run multiple applications to achieve their organizational and image editing goals. With ACDSee Ultimate 10, released today, they now have access to a single platform that integrates robust photo editing with industry-leading digital asset management.
“ACDSee Ultimate 10 offers professional-level image management, manipulation and sharing in one environment,” said Mark Cosgrove, ACD System’s director of production. “The product has been in development for nearly a year and was designed based on input from many of our passionate users around the world.”
ACDSee Ultimate 10 is now available via a lifetime license key for $149.99, or via an annual subscription starting at $69, which gives users access to regular updates and upgrades. The program is currently only offered for Windows-based computers.
“This new product from ACDSee has the functionality to go head-to-head with Adobe,” said Peter Pereira, an award-winning professional photographer and longtime ACDSee Ultimate user. “I can see Ultimate 10 becoming a top choice for a wide swath of pros, prosumers and keen amateurs.”
In a blog post made public today (http://www.acdsystems.com/en/community/post/ultimate10), ACD Systems provides an overview of ACDSee Ultimate 10’s product innovations and topline features, including:
- Digital asset management
- RAW photo editing
- Parametric image editing (also known as non-destructive editing)
- Layered editing with adjustment layers
- Easy, pinpointed exposure adjustment with ACDSee’s patented Light EQ™ technology
- ACDSee Actions, which allows users to “record” edits and then apply them to other images individually or in batches
An additional selection of new features and improvements delivered with Ultimate 10 include:
- An updated look and feel. A customizable GUI offers users the ability to tear off, move, stack, and dock more toolbars and panes than ever before.
- Enhanced photo editing. Skin tune, Dehaze, Gradient Map, Color Overlay, and 20 Photo Effects with variable opacity and blend modes give users greater control.
- Edge Detection Brush. Allows users to accurately isolate the subject in a photo based on assigned pixel criteria.
- Smart Brush. Brush on image adjustments and create selections using auto-masking technology to affect only the pixels you want.
- Increased speed and performance. ACDSee’s unique architecture—which doesn’t require image import and export—along with GPU-enriched functionality boosts viewing and edit speeds.
- Improved Noise Removal. Ultimate 10 adds a “preserve detail” slider that empowers users to decrease image noise without sacrificing detail.
For a complete list of new features, performance enhancements and other improvements, please see the ACDSee Ultimate 10 release notes here: http://www.acdsee.com/en/support/acdsee-ultimate-10/release-notes/10-0.
ACD Systems is also offering a free, live online workshop on September 28 that will provide users an in-depth look at Ultimate 10. Those interested can register at: http://www.acdsee.com/en/workshop.
“Ultimate 10 is perfectly positioned to fulfill creative and organizational needs for a wide variety of photographers,” added Cosgrove. “From commercial shooters to artists to home enthusiasts, we’re confident this product will help us reach new audiences across the board.”