You will work with the existing web development team to produce internal and externally facing websites, web applications, and business intelligence logic. We value good work ethic, initiative, and great communication.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP
- Experience with web services - REST/XML/JSON/SOAP a plus
- Experience with Puppet/Chef/Phing/Composer a plus
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies and principles, including design patterns and re-usability
- Strong oral and communication skills
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, or diploma and equivalent work experience
- 1+ years software development in a corporate environment
- 2+ years of Web site and/or database administration an asset
- 1+ year using Web Frameworks (Silex/Symfony2 a plus)
- Comfortable in Unix environments
- Experience in eCommerce systems a plus
- Personal coding projects/open source contributions a plus
- Analytical Thinking: Tackle problems by using a logical and systematic approach.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Results Orientation: Focus on the desired result, setting challenging goals, and always looking to meet or exceed them.
- Delivery: Strive to deliver projects on time with minimal supervision and maximum attention to detail.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with your position of interest in the subject line.